This image was assembled from data provided as part of my Deep Sky West imaging team subscription.
This star-filled wide field image shows the area around the Sharpless 187 emission nebula. Also seen in the field are numerous dark nebula from the Lynds’ Dark Nebulae Catalog. Starting from below and to the left of Sharpless 187 and moving to the right forming an arc are LDN Nos. 1324, 1323, 1322, 1319, 1316, 1314, 1313, and 1312.
Object Name: Sharpless 187, LDN Nos. 1324, 1323, 1322, 1319, 1316, 1314, 1313, and 1312
Object Type: Emission Nebula, Dark Nebula
Acquisition Date: Deep Sky West facility in New Mexico
• Imaging Scope – Takahashi FSQ-106 EDX IV
• Imaging Camera – QSI683wsg8
• Filters – Astrodon LRGB
• Guiding – QSI on board guider
• Mount – MyT
• Exposures – Luminance – 21 x 600s, Red – 12 x 600s, Green – 13 x 600s, Blue – 22 x 600s
PixInsight and Photoshop CC were used to process the images.
• PixInsight –
⁃ Image calibration, alignment and integration
⁃ MultiscaleLinearTransform on luminance and RGB image for noise attenuation
⁃ HistogramTransformation for histogram adjustment
⁃ CurvesTransformation for color saturation boost
• Photoshop – luminance layering on RGB image and additional adjustments to histogram and color balance
Thanks for looking.
Click on the image below to see a larger version. Follow this link to my Astrobin page for access to a full resolution view.