Object Name: Lynds’ Dark Nebula No. 1235 and Reflection Nebula Van den Bergh 149 and 150
Object Type: Dark nebula and reflection nebula.
This wide field image shows Lynds’ Dark Nebula No. 1235, and the reflection nebula VdB Nos. 149 and 150. LDN 1235 is the dark patch to the left side of the frame. Vdb 150 is just to the right of LDN 1235. VdB 140 is slightly below VdB 150.
The star in the center of the frame is 16Cep. Just to the right of 16Cep is the magnitude 15.14 spiral galaxy PGC 67671.
The majority of the frame is filled with faint dust.
The bright stars in the lower left portion of the frame appear to be part of the open cluster Collinder 471
Acquisition Date: August 4, 2019
Location: Tierra del Sol, San Diego County, California
• Imaging Scope – Takahashi FSQ-106 EDX IV with the Takahashi 0.6x reducer
• Imaging Camera – ZWO ASI1600MM-C with EFW2
• Filters – Baader 36mm unmounted red, green and blue filters
• Guiding – Borg 77ED with ZWO ASI120MM-S
• Mount – Astro-Physics 900GTO
Camera Control – Sequence Generator Pro
Guider control – PHD2
• Imaging Camera – gain 76, offset 15 – cooled to -15
• Exposures – 42 x 120s for each of the red, green and bloe color channels
PixInsight and Photoshop CC were used to process the images.
• PixInsight –
⁃ Image calibration, alignment and integration
⁃ MultiscaleLinearTransform on RGB image for noise attenuation
⁃ HistogramTransformation for histogram adjustment
• Photoshop –
⁃ additional adjustments to histogram and color balance
Click on the image below for a larger version. Thanks for looking.